Hairspary Hairspray




Screening Series
   
  
/moviesdb/images/dukes 1 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 2 - 300.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 3 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 4 - 300.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 5 - 300.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 6 - 300.jpg
The Dukes of Hazzard
Starring:
Johnny Knoxville, Seann William Scott, Jessica Simpson, Burt Reynolds, Willie Nelson,
Genre: Action/Adventure and Comedy
In Theaters: Aug 5th 2005

Review By:
Zak Santucci

School:
NYU - Stern, 2007

Favorite Quote:
"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." -The Jerk

Click Here For Our Interview with Jessica Simpson
Click Here For Our Interview with Johnny Knoxville
Click Here For Our Interview with Seann William Scott

Dukes of Hazzard

Review by: Zak Santucci
ZakSantucci@TheCinemaSource.com

I had so many hopes for this movie. As purists of the original version shouted out cries of ďBlasphemy!Ē to the casting, and discounted the trailer, I held strong. I had faith in Jay Chandrasekhar and I liked the casting. The main reason for this is that itís not that hard a thing to make a movie of. The show itself was very tongue-in-cheek. So, I decided, make the movie ridiculous, add some big budget car scenes, maybe have a few fish out of water experiences for the good olí boys, make Jessica Simpson take off some clothes, and you have yourself a hit. This is what the movie did about 70% of the time. The other 30% were some jokes so bad, or scenes so unfunny, they honestly took away from the movie.

The plot of course consisted of Boss Hogg Burt Reynolds making sure the Bo and Luke Duke (Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville, respectively) are framed for something. The reason: Boss Hogg wants to do some dastardly deed and needs the boys out of the way so he can do so. Thereís also moonshine and itís up to the boys to clear their name and save the day all in one fell swoop. These were the main factors of the show: Moonshine, Being framed, Clearing their name and saving the day all in one fell swoop.

Now I donít want to review this movie with respect to the show, because thatís not fair to the movie. However, certain aspects of this movie kept it from being good that have a lot to do with the show.

A: Uncle Jesse (Willie Nelson) neither curses nor smokes pot. He is the moral voice in the original Dukes. That was ridiculous.

B: Bo and Luke arenít comic relief, and Boss Hogg and Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane (who I will simply call the pilot from Con Air) were not evil. Bo and Luke were fun-loving, noble men while Boss Hogg and the Sheriff were bumbling and funny.

C: In the light that the Dukes were noble, they didnít womanize or have fun fighting and destroying property.

D: The show always had some cleverly written ending where they found some special way to use Boss Hoggís own stuff against him, also there was a moral lesson at the end. None of that here.

Now


/moviesdb/images/dukes 7 - 300.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 8 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 9 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 10 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 11 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 12 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 13 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 14 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 15 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 16 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 17 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 18 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 19 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 20 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 21 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 22 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 23 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 24- 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 25 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 26 - 450.jpg
/moviesdb/images/dukes 27 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 28 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 29 - 300.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 30 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 31 - 450.jpg /moviesdb/images/dukes 32 - 450.jpg /ver2/images/spacer.gif


DV8 Productions
Copyright © 2005 The Cinema Source